Listen to your consignment or resale customers if you need a good human interest story for your next press release, blog post, or shop e-newsletter content.
- Did you outfit the entire
party for a customer’s wedding… and the bride is 75?
- Did an outfit from your shop win him a prize at a high-society masquerade?
- Did that art-glass piece from your shop just “make” the foyer of last month’s Designer Showcase home?
- Does a charity use your shop as a source for extra clothing for needy kids at their summer camp?
- Did a consignor mention that she took her husband on their dream vacation with the proceeds from her consignment account?
Ask the customer who told you a unique story about how your shop impacted their life, or the charity that benefited from your donations, if you can use their name in a story. Most are delighted to see their name in print. Be sure to get your customer’s full name (spelled right!), email and phone number, so the paper can check the story and maybe even ask for a photo op!
Better yet: provide an irresistible photo with your press release… the more works that’s already done for media use, the more likely they will grab at it!